Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's a girl!

We finally found out, after what seemed like an eternity of waiting, that we are having a baby girl in February. We are so excited! A girl brings a whole new world of change to our lives. I don't even know where to begin!
I have to admit that I am a lot more fearful this time than I was when we found out we were having a boy. Is it because girls are so fragile and seem to be damaged much more easily than boys? I think so. Boys seem to bounce back from the things that life throws their way. I think girls tend to take things to heart a lot more. Another thing I have noted in this past year of being a mom is that boys will always, always love their mama.
I think that girls tend to have a lot more issues concerning their mother. Perhaps it is because we as humans look up to our same sex parent the most. Maybe women are disappointed more by their mothers than their fathers because they expect the most from them. I'm not saying that all women have a bad relationship with their mom. And I can certainly say that my relationship with my own mother is good and has come a long way in the past 5 years.
Whatever the case may be, all I can do is pray that God prepares me to be a wonderful, loving mother to this baby girl. That I can be her teacher, her comfort, her friend, her confidant and most of all someone who she is proud to call mom. I know I can't be perfect, and that is why I am thankful for Christ's blood, which covers over my imperfections.
All of the worries aside, I can't wait to teach my little girl how to make cookies, how to braid her hair, how to put on makeup, how to talk to a boy, how to be a good friend, how to give lots of hugs to people she loves, how to be confident in life, and most of all how to let Christ's love shine through her to those around her.
Thank you Jesus, for this amazing blessing and opportunity to raise this baby girl up to know and love you.

1 comment:

  1. your going to be great!!!! Even though I am not having a girl.. I am still fearful of having another boy.. each child is different and each child changes your lives :0) I am so excited for your baby girl!!!!! she is going to be beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete