Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Falta Poco

I am 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant today. So this is what it feels like to wait for something that seems like it will never, ever happen. Every time I think, hey this cramping or discomfort could be labor, I'm wrong. I was okay with not going into labor while our family was dealing with sickness this last week. We're still working on getting over our bug completely, but I feel so ready to go into labor! Waiting any longer feels like torture!
But I know that she will be here before I know it, and soon I won't remember what it was like to have a few moments of peace and quiet to myself like I am enjoying right now.

I am fortunate enough to have had Judah take 2 naps today. He got up really early this morning. 5:45 am with daddy's alarm. I'm not sure why. I thought maybe he was wet because that is usually the #1 thing that will get him up early, but he was not. I realized that his pacifier had fallen out of his crib and that might have been why he couldn't get back to sleep.
None the less, we got up early together and had breakfast. Judah ate well this morning. Better than he has in quite a while. I have been so incredibly frustrated with his eating habits as of late. I know that it has been a result of both his illness and cutting 3 molars all at the same time, but it was still incredibly trying on my patience. It was nice to not have to battle with him to get him to eat, or calm him down after a temper tantrum.
I was fortunate to have had a full night of sleep last night. Even though I've been taking Ambien at night to help me sleep, it doesn't seem to last the whole night through and I end up waking up early and having trouble falling back to sleep. I managed to sleep the whole night through, for about 7 hours. It's more than I usually get, but after we were done with breakfast I was so ready to go back to sleep. Judah was happy and enjoyed playing this morning, but I could tell he was really tired around 7:30. I decided it wouldn't hurt to try to lay him back down to sleep, and I could then rest my own head a bit, even if it was just for 10 minutes. 10 minutes turned into 2.5 hours. It felt wonderful!
I have to say that I still felt really tired when I peeled myself out of bed at 10 am, but I had a little more energy and definitely felt refreshed.
I decided yesterday that Judah needed more shirts. He grows out of his shirts so quickly. He has such a long torso that even though he isn't quite 18 months yet, the 18 month size seems to ride up on his tummy. We went to Target to pick up some 2T shirts. Judah hated sitting in the cart today. He normally does pretty well, but he fussed almost the entire time we were there. I had planned on moseying around the store just to kill some time, but since he wasn't too happy we cut our trip short.
We came home and had some lunch. He did pretty well again eating wise, but then freaked out when I took away his sippy cup for throwing it on the ground again and again. Then I had to calm him down and lunch was over for the time being. So frustrating!
We tried again an hour or so later and he ate a little bit more, but I don't think he was too hungry because he wanted down shortly thereafter.
I got a little bit of house cleaning done, as well as some laundry. Judah played around the house in the mean time. I decided that it would be nice to get out of our small house again this afternoon. I thought the perfect place was Andrew's parents' house. They have such a big space for Judah to play. Plus I thought we could sneak our way into whatever dinner plans are for them. I haven't cooked dinner in a while and Andrew won't really let me. I'm okay with it. It's a lot of work lately. I thought I would try to lay Judah down before we head over to Grandma & Grandpa's since he took such an early nap. I wasn't sure if he would go down, but I don't hear any noise coming from upstairs so I think we're golden.
We'll head over there once he wakes up.
Here's hoping for a baby girl before next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment