Sunday, January 4, 2009

More Snow!

I'm loving all the snow that is falling. If it were up to me we would get another 12 inches tonight and it would stick around for weeks. I realize that since I don't actually have to be anywhere in the morning, this changes my perspective a bit. I don't, however, believe that 2 inches of snow will slow down anyone's morning commute after all the snow we've had in the last 2 weeks. So stop getting mad, people!
We took down Christmas today. We were putting it off a bit because the Boy Scouts don't come to collect our tree until January 10th. What are we supposed to do with our tree until then? Right now it's just sitting on the small patch of grass outside our townhouse. Hopefully the homeowners association doesn't complain.
Our house looks so bare now that all the decorations are gone. It makes me feel like going on an interior decorating spree. Not gonna happen though.
I just started reading an article about a teenage girl in Port Angeles who killed her newborn son and threw him in the trash. This is a horrible story, regardless, but now that I'm a mom it hits home even more. My heart goes out to the girl who was obviously horribly overwhelmed and didn't know what to do. Of course my heart breaks even more for the baby boy who didn't even get a chance at life. I couldn't continue reading the article, I was going to end up in tears.
Kind of makes you think about abortion....how it's okay to kill your baby when it's growing inside your body, but as soon as he is delivered he suddenly has rights. How is this any different?

1 comment:

  1. come to utah sweet pea! there is a ton of snow and I can't wait to move .. its freakin cold here.. brr
    i love that you are on blog now :0) yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete