Saturday, April 11, 2009

funk

I'm in a funk today and I don't know why....
I'm frustrated and irritated at everything right now. It's stemming mostly from feeling like I suck as a parent. I don't know why it seems like everyone else's baby is sleeping except for mine. He just refuses to sleep through the night. The longest he will sleep is 4-5 hours at a time. Sometimes he wants to eat at midnight and it's ridiculous! I don't understand! Is he not getting enough to eat during the day and he therefore wants to eat at night?
I really don't think it has anything to do with teething or moving around either. When he wakes up, he wants to eat and gets sooo pissed if he doesn't get fed. There is no crying it out with him. It doesn't work. I am left feeling so frustrated about this situation. I wish I had all the answers. I feel like I'm just screwing up royally with him in this aspect. If he needs to eat, then fine, but why at 12 am? It's not like he can't fall asleep on his own either...he does it all the time for his naps and at bedtime. Both of which have improved drastically from a month ago....
Sometimes I want to rip my hair out because I feel like it's never going to improve and that he's always going to wake up and want to eat in the middle of the night. I know that's not true, but that's how it feels at the moment.
So I guess I do know why I'm upset....and it's spilling over into everything else.

Thankfully I have a sweet husband who does his best to help me get out of my funk....

1 comment:

  1. Hey don't be down!!!! let me tell you about Mr Kanyen!!! it will make you feel better! The kid from day 1 at the hospital slept with us..yes your right... even when we came home he slept in our bed with us...we tried the bassinet ,,the swing,,and even his crib and the crying it out thing just didn't work either..it was painful on me and him.. and while he was sleeping with us he would wake up and nurse ALL the time... Never fear though because when HE is ready ..he will be ready for things... I didn't force Kanyen to do anything and right after he turned a year old in one week he was in his crib ...sleeping through the night and off the boob :0)

    You are a WONDERFUL beautiful mom and the fact that you hug that little guy and tend to him makes you a GREAT mom!!!! hang in there :0) and I am sure if he could tell you himself he would...but Im sure he is saying it with all the smiles and snuggles

    ReplyDelete