Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sunshine

We are supposed to have consistent sunshine for the next week! I hope the weather forecast is true. I am in need of as much Vitamin D as possible. Judah and I are planning on getting outside today with my mom. We're going for a walk later this afternoon. I'm not sure where to go exactly. Maybe we'll start at McCollum Park and head into Mill Creek Town Center.
With summer drawing nearer, I have to think about protecting my skin from sun damage. Even though I've sustained a few major sunburns in the past few years, I never really cared to put sunscreen on because my skin tans so easily and I just love having that summer glow. Until last year....I really damaged my skin in Hawaii by not wearing sunscreen. I had the worst sunburn of my life and I can still see the effects of it on my skin. I'm a little paranoid now and I'm going to try to be really careful about protecting my skin this summer. I was surprised when my mom and I went for a walk the other day. The sun was peeking through the clouds but not very strongly and it was around 65 degrees outside. I got home and noticed that my shoulders were looking red. I had gotten a little sunburn!
From now on I'm putting sunscreen on when I go out in the sun. Not only do I have to think about me, but I have to think about Judah's delicate skin as well.

This weekend is Tami's bachelorette party. It should be a lot of fun. Andrew is throwing David's bachelor party the same night, so we'll both be out having a good time. Judah is going to stay overnight at my parents'. It's a little treat to not have to worry about him for an evening, though I'll be thinking about him the whole time I'm sure.

Yesterday, Andrew let me have the evening to myself. He took Judah over to his parents' house and had dinner with his dad and brothers. I realized that even when I do finally get my alone time, I spend half the time wondering about Judah, missing him and feeling guilty for not being with him. It's so silly, but I suppose it comes with the territory. I spent almost an hour working on a photo album of Judah and it made me miss him all the more. What can I say? I love my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment