Saturday, May 9, 2009

Busy Bee

Today was a very busy day!
Andrew had to work today at a trade show in Seattle. I was home alone with the Bean like any other week day. I wanted to get out of the house and was contemplating going for a walk since the weather was nice. I ended up going grocery shopping for the week and bought a ton of food. It should be enough for dinner every night this week and lunches as well.
Then when I got home, Andrew told me we were going to have our good friends the Huss family over after he came home. I was happy about that because it had been forever since we had all gotten together. I had seen Amber and Mya on a couple different occasions, but nonetheless it had been forever.
I also wanted to make Andrew a really good dinner since I haven't made dinner consistently in a while what with my sister in town and my back being messed up. I decided to make this summer tomato spaghetti. Even though it's not summer yet, the dish still worked out. It's loaded with ripe tomatoes and other delicious veggies in the sauce. I decided to add his favorite Italian sausage to the dish as well. I sauteed some zucchini and squash on the side and voila! It was done just as he walked in the house.
I wanted to make a dessert for Amber and Matt as well, so I threw together these PB & J Chocolate Bars. It ended up being something that you can't exactly "throw" together and took a little more effort than I was expecting, but they turned out great!
In the middle of all this I juggled feeding and entertaining Judah.
Then Amber and Matt came over and Judah got to hang out with Mya. He scared her with his crazy energy and loud noises, but then she actually started yelling back at him. It was hilarious to listen to them go back and forth. I can't wait for her to start crawling so she can not only defend herself against him, but run away from him if she so desires. Judah wanted to eat her up!
Judah got tired while our guests were over so I attempted to put him down to sleep. That was a joke because I didn't give him his usual bath. I decided to just wait until they left to try to put him down. He gets so worked up when anyone but Andrew and I are around.
He finally went down around 9:30 - much later than his usual 8pm bedtime.
Now I'm exhausted and my back is sore from all the things I did today. Did I mention that I also did about 3 loads of laundry - wash, dried and folded. Plus I cleaned the house so that our guests didn't think we were raising our child like cavemen.
Now both of my boys are sleeping peacefully. One upstairs in his crib and the other is snoring softly on the couch. I should join in the trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment