Thursday, September 17, 2009

TARANTULA!!!

Clearly I am exaggerating a bit with the title of this post, but seriously....
This morning I felt more terror than I have in a long time. I'll start from the beginning -
Last night Andrew and I got home from our trip to Las Vegas. I arrived home first in my car. (We had taken separate cars to the airport because he left a day before me.)
I came in the house and began unloading the luggage. Bauer, our dear sweet cat, who had been cooped up in the house for three days, was meowing like a banshee to go outside. I let him out and when I opened the door I noticed a decently sized brown spider right by the front door. I was happy that I found it, and that it didn't find me while I was relaxing on the couch late at night. I quickly squashed it and went to close the door when I looked closely and noticed there were two more spiders right by the front door! Both were much smaller, but I couldn't believe there were so many right there! I wasn't too creeped out after that because I figured I had killed three, how many more could there be in the house? Zero, I thought.
This morning was a bright and cheery one. I hadn't seen Judah since Sunday night. We had a nice morning together. After he finished breakfast we were playing together on the living room floor. For a split second I remembered the spiders I had killed the night before and hoped there weren't any more in the house. I decided to glance around the room just to be sure.
To my utter horror, two feet from me was the biggest, ugliest, most disgusting wolf spider I have ever seen in my life. I let out a shriek, grabbed my child and ran into the kitchen. Judah was absolutely terrified of my screams. He started crying right away. But I had to kill the beast!
I placed him in his high chair so that he was out of harm's way. I had to kill this monster. I ended up playing a cat and mouse game with the nasty creature while it ran from couch to couch. I was finally able to suck it up with the vacuum as it attempted one final getaway.
I am still shuddering. I keep finding myself glancing around the room expecting to see yet another tarantula running my way. Let's hope that was the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment