Wednesday, October 14, 2009

And now it REALLY feels like fall

We had such a beautiful summer this year. I must say that this week I haven't minded the weather forecast at all. We have been without much rain for a good part of this year. I haven't minded that one bit. It's been absolutely fantastic to wake up with the sun shining these last few months.
Now that fall is in full swing, we are into our rainy season and I feel that I'm ready for it. The trees are swaying, beginning to lose their leaves. It's beautiful!
Makes me want to cozy up in our warm house with a nice warm blanket and keep the house full of lit candles so that everything feels like it's glowing.

I am looking forward to spending a weekend in Leavenworth with Andrew's family in a few weeks. The company is going to be having their annual retreat at a cabin east of the mountains and they have it reserved through the weekend of Halloween. This is the nice thing about a family business. We get to have little treats like this every now and then. So after all of the non family employees leave, everyone's spouse (and child, if applicable) is welcome to come to Leavenworth and spend the weekend. It's going to be fun!
We did the same thing last year when Judah was just an itty bitty 2 month old. It was fun then, so I'm sure it will be even more fun this time. We are thinking of taking Judah trick or treating in town on Halloween. I'll need to get him a costume of course.

Today Judah and I had to miss Bible study. I really hate when that happens, but he's had a bad cough the last few days and I still can't seem to get over my cold either. I thought it had passed, but then I had a killer soar throat yesterday and have been fighting other symptoms today. So we stayed in all day.
I was able to take a nap with him, which is always nice. I made a delicious dinner too - scalloped potatoes and bratwurst. Then I finally made the pumpkin cream cheese muffins I've been eyeing from someone else's blog that I have been following. They were absolutely divine. Andrew and I both had 2 muffins each after dinner. So sinful!

I'm hoping that we are both feeling better tomorrow and can actually get out of the house. I need to take a gift to my best friend. Surprise, Rachel is pregnant! I am so excited! This is something we've talked about for years - having babies together. Now we actually get to do it! She is due in early June - the 7th, I believe. Our little ones will be about 4 months apart. I'm so happy to be able to share this time in life with her! What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment