Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bed Time

We have been having a very rough time with Judah's sleep pattern the last few weeks. I'm assuming it has been due to his illness. Every nap time has been a tough battle and bedtime has been even worse. I would dread having to put him to bed because it is such a challenge.
Tonight was a complete surprise. We ended up getting Judah to bed really late because we had been out with our family. We started his bedtime routine around 9. I fed him and he wanted to eat for almost an hour. Then at 10pm he was rubbing his eyes and acting very tired so I decided to head upstairs and start the battle. I laid him in his crib and he was wide awake, smiling and making noise. I started to read him his bedtime story and he got very quiet and just stared at me. I finished the story and wrapped him up in his favorite blanket.
At this point he usually becomes very fussy because he knows that it is time to sleep. He also attempts to break out of his swaddle to chew on his fists. Then he'll usually cry a lot.
What did he do tonight? As soon as I wrapped him up tight, his eyelids began to droop. I couldn't believe it was going to be this easy. Sure enough he broke out of his swaddle, so I wrapped him up again and said "shhh shhh shhh." His eyes slowly began to close again and he was out.
WAY TOO EASY! Wow! Probably the easiest bedtime in Judah history. Let's hope and pray for more nights like tonight!

On another note - who the hell is Sasha Fierce? Okay, I know who she is. She is Beyonce Knowles' alter ego. Can I just say that I hate that song "Single Ladies"? She girates all over the screen acting like a moron in a leotard. She just looks awful. I hope I don't have to see that video ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment