Monday, January 12, 2009

Twenty.Four

Jack is soooo back! Andrew and I used to love, love, love 24. We were not anticipating that this new season would be good at all. We were pretty sure Jack would be as lame as the limp-wristed Jesus. (Not that I am paralleling Jesus as Jack Bauer - that would be absurd.) It turns out that Jack Bauer is so back without apologies! We are loving the new season so far. Even though I missed a good portion of the show tonight because I was trying to get my son to sleep, I was loving what I saw. Yes! Finally a show worth watching again!

Judah seemed to have taken a turn for the worse this morning. I was so worried about him and his coughing. His whole face was like a giant puddle. His eyes were watering, his nose was dripping snot like a faucet and he was drooling and hacking like crazy. His fever was back up too. I was so thankful Andrew stayed home from work today. We decided to have him seen at the doctor again this morning. It probably wasn't necessary at all, but it was worth the peace of mind. I was getting worried about his lungs and thought they may have been filling with fluid. The doctor assured us that his lungs sounded fine and that we basically just needed to keep doing what we were doing. He told us signs and symptoms that we need to be wary of and sent us on our way. Ever since then it seems like Judah is feeling a whole lot better. He is draining a lot less snot from his little nose and his cough doesn't sound so severe. Of course his entire family has been praying for him as well. Let's just say that ever since he was in the womb, it has been Judah's M.O. to cause drama with his health issues. I'm worried we might end up with a lifetime of huge doctor's bills because of this kid. He's more than worth it.

Andrew and I got a couple of gift cards to Applebee's from my Grandma for Christmas so we decided to use them tonight. We needed a break from being cooped up in the house with the sickness, so his mom came over and took care of our bean for a couple hours while we enjoyed some fine, classy, south Everett dining. It was super romantic.



1 comment: