Saturday, November 21, 2009

Richly Blessed

I feel so blessed in life. Sometimes I can't believe how much God has given me. I was scanning through some old pictures of our family tonight. Every day I am filled with more and more gratitude for my little boy. He brings so much joy and delight to my life and to my husband's life as well. Every day that I get to spend with him is such a blessing. He brings a smile to my face and it is impossible not to be happy when he is around. He is such a sweetheart.
I am of course saying all of these things as a biased mother. I just can't help but feel so grateful to God that He gave Andrew and I this precious, healthy, happy, smart, lively little boy to take care of. The most joyous part of being a parent is having the opportunity to watch your child grow and develop. These past few months have been so much fun with Judah. He learns new words all the time and I just love hearing him practice. Right now he has learned to say "God!" and "car". He has been saying "ball" for about 4 months now. That is by far is favorite word. He also loves to say up. He loves to go UP the stairs, he loves to climb UP onto the ottoman, and most of all he loves to run to me, wrap his arms around my legs and say UP! It just melts my heart. He is working hard on saying kitty, but when he can't get the full word out, he calls our cat "Dee" for short.
He really has his own little language that he uses to communicate his point to us when he is trying to tell us something. It's so funny to hear him jumble together words and sounds when he is telling us that he wants more of a particular food. It's so obvious what he is trying to say, but he just doesn't know how to put it together.
I could go on and on.
I just feel so blessed and so thankful to God for my son. He is a light in my life. He is living proof that God loves me. He is evidence of God's grace, mercy and blessing. I feel so privileged that Judah has been entrusted to my care.
I was thinking tonight as I noted my ever increasing belly that this baby girl is going to be just as precious as Judah. It's so hard to imagine my baby when she is inside the womb. I don't know her personality or her face or her likes and dislikes. I just know that I love her and that she too is a gift. One day soon she will be doing all of the same things that Judah is doing now, but with her own style and grace of course. When she arrives, our world is going to change again so drastically. It is hard to remember what life was like before Judah arrived. Everything will be turned upside down when our sweet little Audrey June comes into the world. We won't remember much of what it was like to just be the three of us. It's going to feel like we are really a little family with four members.
I have less than 90 days to go! I will be holding her and loving her sweet little self before I even know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment