Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Success!
This weekend went very smoothly and I would say that our family had a great time.
Wednesday was a little chaotic for me. I was finishing up some of my cooking that I had promised my mom I would do for dinner that night. It's a little hectic when you have a 15 month old running between your feet. That trickiest part was getting the pies in the oven, transferring them from rack to rack as I adjusted the temperature and their place in the oven. Baking two pies at once can be challenging. My oven didn't do such a great job last year. I think it took me almost twice as long as it was supposed to take. This year was different, thankfully! My pies turned out beautifully in the proper amount of time!
Andrew made it home from work just in time for the three of us to pile in the car, load it up with all the food I had made, games and other essentials and head to my parents house for the Kefgen Thanksgiving dinner.
Jacob and Megan were there along with my Grandma as well. We did some finishing touches on the dishes we had all prepared and sat down to a beautiful and delicious meal. Everything tasted fantastic.
Judah refused his dinner as he has been doing lately. He's not into it for some reason and I'm not sure why. He loves breakfast and usually eats a good amount at lunch. He has two snacks during the day and drinks a lot of milk as well. I'm wondering if he is eating too much at his other meals and is too full by dinner...
Anyway, Judah was ready for bed at about 6:30. I went ahead and gave him his bath and put him down at about 7. He slept great over there! Us adults were able to play this fun game that my parents got at some 2nd hand store for about 50 cents. It was really entertaining! Megan's delicious pumpkin pie followed and then we kind of just sat back and let our tummies digest everything we had put into them.
I was getting so tired by about 9:30 since I had gotten up with Judah around 5:45 that morning. We decided we had better head out since we had to take my Grandma home too. We got everything loaded up into the car and I think we made it home by around 10:30 or 11.
Thanksgiving day was spent with Andrew's family. We headed over to Rick and Cheryl's after Judah got up from his nap around 2 pm. Andrew's Grandparents, his aunt and uncle and Erica and Paul were over there as well. We were missing a few family members of course, but we had a nice afternoon and evening. Football was watched, turkey was eaten (over and over), boys played together, boys fell asleep super easy. All in all, it was a nice Thanksgiving. We were pooped again around 9 so we headed out.

On Friday we started our Christmas decorating. We spent the morning listening to Christmas music and putting up a few of our decorations. Judah liked the addition of the garland and string of lights in the living room. Andrew and I had a chance to have some alone time together in honor of our anniversary. Judah was dropped off at Rick and Cheryl's in the early afternoon. Andrew and I went to see A Christmas Carol in 3D. It was a fun Christmas movie. We walked around the Everett Mall a little bit too and it was very surprisingly not busy at all! It was probably like any other "busy" Saturday for them. We spent the rest of the evening relaxing at home, ordered a pizza from our favorite place - Romio's, and watched Four Christmases. I got to sleep in the next morning which hasn't happened in ages! We decided to get a little Christmas shopping done before we went to pick up the boy. We decided to go to Target first to get some Christmas lights and ended up doing all of our shopping there. No need for the crazy mall! Once again, we shopped in Everett and therefore Target was hardly busy at all and very easy to navigate. Picked up the boy in the late afternoon and spent the rest of the evening straightening up the house and putting some Christmas lights outside on our patio. Now there is a warm glow outside. Can't wait to have that same glow inside the house when we get our tree put up next weekend!

Today was a rough day for me. We made it to church finally!! It's so frustrating to me how few and far between our trips to church are. Life is just so much more complicated when a person has a child.
I was so uncomfortable today! It literally felt like Audrey was dancing on my bladder. I kept having to go to the bathroom but when I would go I really didn't have to go at all. My pants felt way too tight and it hurt me to sit in church for as long as I did. I was squirming the whole time and I was really tired too, so I kept having to pry my eyes open. I couldn't wait to get out of there, which is ridiculous because we haven't been in weeks and weeks! When we got home, Judah was ready for a nap so I decided to take advantage of that and take a nap at the same time. I ended up sleeping for 3 hours! I must say that the nap was the highlight of my day. It felt amazing to sleep that well. When I got up it was time to head over to Rick and Cheryl's again for Josh's birthday party. I still wasn't feeling great. Just uncomfortable and yucky in general. The thought of trying to put on something other than my pj pants sounded terrible so Andrew told me to stay home. I didn't really want to miss out on hanging out with the family, but staying home just sounded like the best thing. So I did. I couldn't stop thinking about chocolate so I decided that for dinner I would go get myself a blizzard from DQ. Oh the things you can do while still wearing your pjs! The drive thru is one of them!
It was a long weekend, which was very nice. I like having time with both Andrew and Judah together. Tomorrow it's back to the daily grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment