Tuesday, January 5, 2010

And the Holidays have come and gone!

Christmas and New Years have come and gone!
I don't feel like they flew by as quickly as they have in years past. I really do feel like I thoroughly got to enjoy everything about Christmas.
This year we went to several family and work Christmas get togethers. I think every weekend of December was spent with family or friends. Our little house was so cozy with all the lights and decorations. Judah just loved looking at them every day. When he would get up in the morning and come downstairs, he would practically beg me to turn on the Christmas lights.
We had a nice Christmas Eve at Andrew's parents' house. We basically just hung out together and had a yummy Italian dinner. Cheryl made zeppole and pizzelle, which are traditional Christmas treats in her family. Then we had her famous lasagna, which is always a hit.
Christmas morning was wonderful at home. Andrew and I could barely sleep and ended up getting out of bed around 5 am. We had to wait for Judah to wake up, which was really difficult, but he finally decided he was ready for Christmas around 7:30. We had some amazing french toast for breakfast (a recipe that I attribute to my mom) and opened our presents around the tree. I must say that my favorite present were my yellow gold diamond hoops from Andrew. He out does himself every year. I cried, of course. The gift just made me feel so special. I think his favorite present from me was his 12 year bottle of McCallan. He has been enjoying it on occasion ever since.
Judah wasn't too interested in tearing open his presents. He kind of just liked to watch us do it for him. He loved his new books and especially the toy I picked out for him. Let's just say it has a bunch of balls that you bang with a hammer. Enough said. The kid loves balls of all shapes and sizes.
After our morning together, we headed back to Andrew's parents' for our giant Michels' family gift exchange. Every member of our huge family opens one present at a time. It takes forever, but it is a lot of fun. Their living room looks like a war zone when everything is said and done.
We headed home with our loot in tow so that Judah could get a good nap in before heading to my parents' house for Christmas dinner.
Dinner at my parents was nice and low key after our hectic morning. It was the five of us, plus Jacob and Megan. We had some nice appetizers and wine while we finished making dinner. Then my mom served a beautiful prime rib with a green peppercorn sauce. It was so delicious! I think she needs to make that every year. We exchanged gifts while we nibbled on Christmas cookies. Judah enjoyed his new train/block set and his new tool set. We gave my parents a framed photo canvas of pictures of them and Judah together over the last 16 months. I thought it was a really special gift and so did they.
We made it home shortly there after and pretty much just crashed for the rest of the weekend. We gobbled up what was left of our Christmas cookies and I even had Cheryl make me another batch of her peanut butter balls. I could not get enough of them!
I think this year, we had the best Christmas thus far. I know they are only going to get better and better as the years go by. I love my husband and I am so happy to have him in my life. This was our 4th Christmas married. Kinda makes me feel like an old timer! Next year will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment