Saturday, January 16, 2010

5 Weeks to Go!

I can't believe how little time left I have of this pregnancy. It really seems like it has flown by. I don't know if it is because this is my 2nd pregnancy, or if it's because life with a toddler sometimes seems like a blur. Either way, the end is very near and very quickly approaching.
It's a strange feeling being 35 weeks pregnant, not on bed rest and no complications in site. It's a wonderful feeling. I feel free! I had my regular visit with my OB on Monday. Everything looks great and she is just thrilled that this has been a completely uneventful pregnancy. We are so close to being in the clear that if any unfortunate event happened in the next week and a half, I am confident that the little miss would be just fine.
My next OB visit is on January 29th where I will have a precautionary ultrasound to check on the placenta and be sure that it is still in tact and functioning properly. We'll also get another look at the little miss which is always a treat. They should be able to tell me her weight as well, which will give me a good idea of what to expect when I deliver.
I can't believe how soon she will be here. It's surreal, as most wonderful things in life are.

In other exciting news, Rachel found at that she is also having a baby girl! It's pretty safe to say that they will be automatic friends. They'll grow up together and get to spend so much of their lives together. What a blessing!
Rachel and I did a little celebrating today by heading up to the outlets in Marysville to buy some clothes for our little ladies. We hit up The Children's Place, Osh Kosk, Gymboree and of course Carter's. Carter's, of course, got most of our money. They have the cutest clothes on the planet. I had the hardest time choosing what to buy. I really try to be practical, but when all is said and done, I wish I had bought one of the cute little summer dresses. Oh they were just adorable! Good thing she has two wonderful grandmas who will probably never say no to going clothes shopping for her.

Before all the excitement of labor and delivery, I get to have a baby shower next weekend. Erica has put together what sounds like a fabulous party for me and my closest family and friends (minus my mom and sister :-/). We will be having the shower at a day spa where myself and all of my guests will be getting manicures and pedicures. It's going to be so wonderful! I can't think of a better way to make me feel special and pampered.
Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment