Sunday, January 24, 2010

Showered with Love and Nesting

Today the little miss and I had our first baby shower.
It was so wonderful. I can't think of any other words to describe it! My sister-in-law, Erica, along with Tami and my mom-in-law all worked so hard to put together my baby shower. We had a small group of my closest friends and family go to a spa in Belltown. We all got our nails done, ate goodies and snacks, opened presents and just enjoyed each other's company. The only thing that could have made it better was if my mom and sister could have joined us. Other than that, it was absolutely perfect. I felt so loved and so pampered, and even though I knew it before, I was reminded of how I am surrounded by some really amazing people. I have a wonderful family. I couldn't ask for better sisters, or friends. I am so blessed!
I came home and sorted through all of our loot. The little miss is going to be very well dressed, that's for sure. I can't wait to see her swimming in her newborn sizes. I remember how we thought Judah was going to fill out his homecoming outfit that we picked out for him. He was absolutely swimming in it at the hospital. He didn't want to uncurl his legs and therefore they were bunched up into the body of the suit. The legs were pretty much just empty fabric. He was so tiny. I am sure this little miss will be no different. Unless of course she happens to be bigger than her brother. Only time will tell!
This last week I've done some serious nesting. I deep cleaned the upstairs bathroom which is a very rare occurrence. It certainly is a lot of work to clean a tiny little 5' x 10' space. I scrubbed the shower and bathtub, mopped the floor, and cleaned the toilet, mirror and sink until they sparkled. I would have continued by organizing the cabinet above the toilet, but I think by that time, Judah was done watching me clean.
Yesterday I cleaned out the refrigerator. I don't just mean that I threw away old food. I mean that I scrubbed the inside. I took all the food out, took all the shelves out and washed everything down until it too sparkled. I don't think I've actually done this ever before in the history of living in this house. My mom may have done it at one point, but I'm pretty sure that I never have. Kind of embarrassing to admit that....but now it looks fantastic!
I packed our hospital bag with most everything we will need. I think there are still a few things I need to throw in there in the next few days. I packed Judah's bag for when he stays with the grandparents while the other 3 of us are at the hospital.
I did about 4 loads of laundry yesterday.....and yet somehow the house still feels dirty. I feel like I still have so much to do. Now that I have all this new loot from the baby shower, I will have even more organizing to do. It's fun though, and it gives me a bit of a workout. I was so exhausted after cleaning the bathroom and the refrigerator. I couldn't believe how simple housework made me feel like I had run a marathon.
We were supposed to bring home the infant car seat and the bassinet from my in-laws house this weekend, but both Andrew and I forgot. We'll have to do that this week to be on the safe side. Plus I can't wait to get the bassinet all ready for the little miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment