Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Two weeks to go! Give or take.

Tomorrow I will be 38 weeks pregnant. I never reached that point with Judah. If this were my pregnancy with Judah, I would have given birth to him earlier this afternoon. I was 37 weeks and 6 days pregnant with him when he came into the world. I guess his little sister wants to beat his record.
I feel quite ready physically and emotionally to have this baby. I don't have a lot of fear and I feel prepared to handle labor with different techniques. I think I have a belt of confidence on this time that I wasn't equipped with during my previous pregnancy. I honestly thought that all I needed to worry about was having the epidural and the contractions up to that point wouldn't be too bad. Big wake up call!
I am anxious to go into labor on my own. The last thing in the world that I want with this pregnancy is to be induced. I can't wait to start contractions on my own, labor at home for as long as I can and get to the hospital in time to have the baby. Let's really hope it doesn't happen somewhere along I-405. Not exactly ideal.
I got to rest up a bit today. This morning was my regular Wednesday. Just and I went to Community Bible Study. We had our core group luncheon, which is always enjoyable. My group made tacos. It's always nice to talk with and get to know the other women in my group a little bit better.
My mom told me that she wanted to take Judah home with her after Bible study so that I could have the afternoon to do what I wanted with it. So off Judah went with "A-ma" as he called her from down the hall today.
Andrew ended up playing hookie from work today, so he wanted to have lunch with me and possibly see a movie. We received a few gift cards for Christmas. One to Claim Jumper and another couple gift cards to the Lowes movie theater at the Alderwood Mall. We decided to use both for our lunch date. I wasn't actually very hungry when we got to Claim Jumper because we had our CBS luncheon just a few hours earlier, but I still ordered a decently sized lunch anyway. I am eating for two after all!
After lunch, I was stuffed, but couldn't stop thinking about sweets. We went to see our movie - The Edge of Darkness, Mel Gibson's latest. As soon as the opening credits started, Andrew offered to go get me something to munch on. As if I needed it! He brought back a Sprite and some peanut M&Ms. What a sweetheart!
When we got home from the movie, I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to do absolutely nothing while Judah was still with my mom. I decided to go to sleep. When I snuggled under the covers, I actually hoped that I would stay asleep for 12 hours straight and go into labor the next morning, fully rested and ready with all kinds of strength and energy. Not so, of course!
I woke up at about 7 pm, wondering if my mom had brought Judah home yet. I checked my phone but didn't have any messages from her. She usually lets me know when she's on her way over. I decided to get up and use the bathroom. When I came into the hallway, Judah's door was closed and I could see that his nightlight was turned on. I crept downstairs quietly just incase. Andrew was sitting on the couch watching TV. I asked if Judah was home and he pointed upstairs. My mom had brought him home about 45 minutes prior. Judah hadn't napped all day. He fell asleep in the car on the way over and when Andrew brought him in the house, he was barely awake, so he just laid him down in his crib.
Little man has been asleep ever since.
I would like to make this blog more of a priority. I really enjoy writing about my days. I'm not sure if I should make it more focused on one thing or another, or if I should just write about what goes on during each day. I'd like to start to include recipes and more photos as well. It's kind of ambitious at this point in life, seeing as how I will be very busy very soon. Hopefully this ambition can take flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment